Safety and Concrete Cutting in British Columbia
Although concrete cutting is central to almost any major construction project in British Columbia, it also has the potential to be one of the more dangerous parts of a major project. And so, even though it is important for contractors like Coast Cutting and Coring to only use the best practices, there are a handful of considerations for builders, developers, city planners, and engineers as well.
Why are there dangers associated with concrete cutting in Vancouver and elsewhere?
There are a number of risks that have to be taken into account, especially on major commercial, industrial, and municipal projects:
- The heavy equipment involved in concrete cutting means that workers have to be very careful
- The dust that is generated through concrete cutting can be harmful to ears, eyes, and the respiratory system
- In addition, because concrete cutting can take place in a variety of environments, it’s important to have proper electrical grounding
- Contractors involved in concrete cutting require specialized respirators, safety glasses, and hearing protection to prevent short- and long-term damage
What our customers should know about safety and concrete cutting
Naturally, it’s up to a company like ours to ensure that we’re doing the right things for our employees, especially when it comes to safety. However, you also want to ensure that you’re working with a reputable company that only follows the best practices in terms of safety and concrete cutting.
Here are a few quick reasons why:
1. Your contractor’s safety record could affect your insurance and liability. In the past, Canadian law has shown that liability in construction damages can be unpredictable. It’s best to have an experienced concrete cutting team with a strong safety record on your side.
2. Safe concrete cutting work is subject to fewer delays. The last thing you want is to suffer long setbacks in your construction project because of safety concerns or accidents on the job site.
3. Concrete cutting companies that follow the best practices do better work. In other words, a business that’s willing to cut corners on safety is probably willing to cut corners in other areas, too. If you want quality, durable work, go with a concrete cutting contractor you can trust.
Have questions about concrete cutting, or want to get a proposal for your project? Get in touch with us today, and a member of our team will be happy to help.